The following are reasonable cemetery decoration regulations that are in the best interest of the Gridley Cemetery management and the families of Gridley Cemetery and the Village of Gridley. It is our aim to provide a place of beauty where our loved ones will be remembered by future generations.
All artificial decorations will be removed and discarded during the mowing season (March 1 - November 1) with the following exceptions:
1. Decorations will be allowed during the mowing season from the Saturday before to 7 days after: Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day and Father's Day.
2. Shepherd hooks will be permitted under the following conditions:
• They must be a minimum of 20 inches off of the ground.
• They must be placed hanging over the headstone.
3. Saddles and permanent arrangements will be allowed if they are on the monument and cause no interference with the mowers.
4. Notice should be given to the Village Office for other special occasions.
Spring clean-up begins April 1st each year. Newspaper and Cable notices will be advertised as a reminder. Between April 1st - April 15th no decorations are permitted to allow for our complete spring clean up.
All decorations including monument and permanent vase decorations will be removed and discarded after April 1. This period is designated as a complete clean-up of the cemetery.
No glass containers of any kind are permitted.
Tin containers are acceptable.
Articles such as toys, cards, photos, ornaments, etc...are not the responsibility of the cemetery or the Village of Gridley.
No plantings of any kind are permitted unless approved by the Village Board property committee.