117 E 3rd St.
Gridley, IL 61744
Monday - Friday
8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m.
Pick up on Tuesday. 2 Garbage Cans; stickers can be purchase at the
Village Hall for $1.50 for each additional can. Residents may purchase a
garbage sticker at the Village Hall for $1.50 for each extra trash receptacle needed.
If a holiday falls on Monday or Tuesday, garbage pickup will be on Wednesday instead of Tuesday for that week.
Larger items may be picked up but you shoud notify the Village. Box spring, mattress, couch, etc -
- Any electronic items will NOT be picked up with the garbage or recycables.
- Construction material, masonry brick and yard waste are NOT accepted.
Call for further information.
Garbage Pick Up - Tuesdays
Curbside pick up 1st & 3rd Tuesday every month. Place with garbage in separate containers marked 'RECYCLE'.
Paper on bottom of can and other reycles on top or in separate containers.
RECYCLING MATERIAL ACCEPTED
The following is a list of recyclable material accepted by Casali & Son's Disposal
- Aluminum Cans, Trays & Foil (must be clean)
- Aseptic Packaging & Gable Top Containers (Milk & Juice cartons)
- PET Soda, Water, and Flavored Beverage Bottles (#1 Clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE Milk and juick jugs (#2 plastic resin); such as health & beauty aid products
- HDPE Detergent and Fabric Softener Containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC Narrow Neck Containers Only (#3 plastic resin); such as health and beauty aid products and household cleaners.
- LDPE Grocery Containers (#4 plastic resin)' such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six and twelve pack rings.
- PP Grocery Containers (#5 plastic resin); such as yogurt cups, and narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles.
- #7 Plastic Resin Narrow Neck Containers Only.
- Plastic Buckets, such as kitty litter containers (5 gallon size maximum).
- Glass bottles and containers are accepted.
1. All containers need to be emptied and rinsed clean.
2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers will be accepted.
3. Plastic bags should be returned to grocery or departments stores.
4. No plastic film, no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap)
5. No expanded foam or clear polystyrene per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois
Department of Commerce & Comunity Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency.
Recycle - Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday
Burnable yard waste CANNOT be included in garbage pick up, but may be picked up by village employees for a fee. $25 pick up load/$50 for dump truck. Call Village Hall to schedule a pick up.
To avoid a fee, Village residents may take their yard waste to the sewer lagoon area from 8am-4pm Monday thru Friday. BURNABLE ITEMS ONLY. A key must be obtained from a Village Employee or Trustee to access the Sewer Lagoon area.
SMALL piles of yard waste (sticks, leaves, etc.) raked to the property line will be picked up free of charge. The Village will NOT pick up grass clippings.
Cleanup days are held twice a year - in the spring and in the fall. Large items that residents have for disposal must be placed on the curb at their residence no later than 7:00 am on the specified dates.
Regulations & Requirements
Large items include:
- Other miscellaneous large items (excluding appliances)
Area Disposal can NOT take the following items:
- Hazardous Material (oil, gas, solvents)
- E-Waste (computers, TV’s, electronics)
For curbside cleanup:
- Volume limited to approximately 4 cubic yards of material per household.
- Construction debris must be bundled, be less than 5-feet in length, and weigh less than 50-pounds per bundle.
Garbage/Recycling, Yard Waste & Clean Up Days
Appliances will now be picked up on a monthly basis under the "White Goods Pick-Up" service.
Residents must call Area Disposal first at 309-821-9743 to schedule a white goods pickup. White Goods pick up will be the 1st trash collection day of the month. (Area Disposal will no longer pick up appliances during town-wide cleanup days.)
Thank you for your cooperation, as this service offered by the city is for your benefit. For more information, please contact Village Hall at (309) 747-2000.
There is a $35 charge for any "bulky items" that need picked up outside of town-wide cleanup days. Area Disposal will bill this charge directly to the resident.
To schedule a bulky item pick up, call Area Disposal at 309-821-9743..