Village Office 
117 E 3rd St.
Gridley, IL 61744


Fax 309.747.3453 

Office Hours: 
Monday - Friday 
8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. 
Village InformationVillage Officials/StaffNews & UpdatesCalendar of EventsPhoto GalleryContact Us

1. Leash Law 
  • Dogs and cats must be on a leash. If a dog or cat is seen running loose, you may call the Village Hall 747-2000 or Chenoa Police Department 747-3700. The dog or cat will be taken to the Chenoa Veterinary Clinic. A release must be obtained at the Village Hall and a fine of $75 be paid. The Chenoa Veterinary Clinic will also charge the owner for housing the dog. The dog will not be released if the shots are not up to date. 

  • Dogs Chapter 12 - Sec. 4. RUNNING AT LARGE - It shall be unlawful to permit any cattle, horses, swine, sheep, goats, poultry, dogs, or any other animal to run at large in the Village: any animal found upon any public street, sidewalk alley, parkway, or any unenclosed place, shall be deemed running at large unless such animal is firmly held by a leash or is in an enclosed vehicle. Any animal found running at large may be apprehended and impounded. The impoundment shall be in accordance with State Law. The owner of any animal apprehended and impounded shall pay a $25.00 handling fee to the Village and a minimum $50 for Ordinance Violation.

  • To report a dog that in violation of the Gridley Ordinances, please call 747-3700 – The Police Department and/or the Village of Gridley 747-2100.  

2. Weeds - 
  • It shall be unlawful for anyone to permit any weeds, grass, or plants, other than trees, bushes, flowers, or other ornamental plants to grow to a height exceeding eight inches anywhere in the Village; any such plants or weeds exceeding such height are hereby declared to be a nuisance.
  • After advising a property owner of his nuisance, the Village reserves the right to mow the property of others, when it hinders a resident’s view. They will then assess the property owner a charge for their work based on current hourly wages paid to village employees.
  • Any person, firm, or corporation violating any provisions of this Chapter shall be fined not less than $50.00 nor more than $100.00 for each offense; and a separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during or on which such nuisance continues unabated after five days from the issuance of the notice.

3. Junk Cars 
  • Chapter 17Sec. 2. ABANDONMENT OF VEHICLES - No person shall abandon any vehicle within the Village and no person shall leave any vehicle at any place within the Village for such time and under such circumstances as to cause such vehicle reasonably to appear to have been abandoned.

Ordinances of Importance
Building Permit Information
Anytime any building or construction is planned a Building Permit is required by the Village. The Resident must be in compliance with all the Village Ordinances. This includes fences, sheds, garages, room additions, etc. Check with the Village Hall for questions. 

Any changes to your property require a Building Permit and a Zoning Hearing may be required.

Building Permits are $25.00 PLUS $1.00 per $1000.

Please contact the Village Hall 309-747-2000 for further information regarding Building Permits. 
Private Swimming Pools
The village requires a one time pool permit fee of $25 when pool is installed.
Golf Cart Permit
Golf carts are permited within the village limits on village streets. They are NOT permited on Route. 24 or any state highway. Golf carts must be inspected by the Chief of Police before receiving a usage permit. Permit fee $35 annually.
Ordinances & Permit Information